Review: The Hero of Ages (Mistborn, #3) by Brandon Sanderson

Last night, I finished The Hero of Ages. Since the final tear-stained pages of the Epilogue, I've wrestled with how to review this book, and I've reached a conclusion.

I can't.

Any review I attempt might accidentally ruin this book for someone somewhere at some point. And that possibility is unforgivable.

This is all I will say:

Sanderson's Mistborn trilogy is arguably the best epic fantasy trilogy that I have ever read. 

The intricacies and subtlety of its plotting and themes left me gaping then screaming then crying then broken then satisfied. That's all I'll say.

Go. Read this series.

Comments

ddf87 said…
Welcome to the club of envy.... those of us who cant ever read that ending again for the first time. Still trying to convice the wife to read the series instead of all that vampire crap she reads now...
Zahra said…
Thanks for not giving anything away! I'm nearly halfway through the last book and I can't WAIT to find out what happens. Sanderson does an incredible job of keeping the reader totally unsettled...just when I think I've figured something out, something else happens to make me re-assess my predictions. I'm amazed at Sanderson's ability to keep me guessing and how little I've been able to predict the plot thus far.
@dd87: The experience of finishing this series for the first time is astounding. I can't say that I've ever experienced anything similar. I'm trying to get everyone I know to read this series. EVERYONE. Because I want to talk about it with anyone and everyone.

@Zahra: I always joke about keeping a taser around to discourage spoilers. In the case of this book though, I seriously think it would unforgivable to spoil ANYTHING that happens. I am stunned at how Sanderson wove everything together. Brilliant, it's just brilliant.
DeusSlayer said…
You really should read Alloy of Law. I listened to every single one of the books in the trilogy, it took me maybe two weeks, I could not pace my self at all... Anyway, the last book Alloy Of Law really helped me through my post-Mistborn depression. I did'nt like it at first, but its just as well paced and developed as the rest of them, albeit entirely to short. Be sure to check it out, I want to know your reactions!

Popular Posts