Gratitude: An Open Letter to My Readers

Dear readers,

As I was planning out my evening, I was struck once again by how limited our time is on any given day. I have writing responsibilities. I have teaching responsibilities. I have responsibilities to my friends and family. I have a wedding and honeymoon to plan. I have a queue of books and DVRed TV shows that both are longer than I care to contemplate. There are so many books that I want to read, but I can only move through my queue at a proverbial snail's pace. Long gone are the days of high school when I could read to my heart's content. Professionally, I must continue to read on a regular basis, however, it's still hard to find the time. But you, dear readers, you found the time in your equally busy lives to read my books. That astonishes me. I cannot express my gratitude enough that you spent your precious hours in my world, my stories, and with my characters. In no small part, it is because of you that I am embarking on my journey into traditional publishing. I cannot thank you enough for your time and your faith in my writing.

Your humbled author,
Elizabeth

Comments

Tear.Pa said…
Wonderful letter! Thanks for writing and finding time in your busy scheduel to continue to entertain me.

I read because I love your books!! Plain and simple!
GalFord said…
Thank you Elizabeth, for showing us your world, your characters, your vision. Most of all, thank you for creating a series that has become easily my favourite series, rivalling Eddings' Belgariad.

A happy fan.
Bob (@wufftype)
Zahra said…
THANK YOU! We all have busy, stressful lives but you provide a wonderful escape from the day-to-day stresses. For me, anyway, it takes a special book to provide that type of escape - where I'm so immersed in a story that I lose complete awareness of my surroundings (it's during these times that my fiance wishes he'd never bought me my kindle ;). Your stories provide that escape for me. So really, thank you.
I seriously have the best reads. <3 you guys!

Popular Posts