Cooties to Cuddles

In my wandering on the internet while I waited for my second round of laundry in a week to finish, I ended up on YouTube watching some old vlogbrothers videos.  (Yes, grading got that intense. The clothing situation had reached critical mass. Two days, many many quarters, and four loads later... clean clothes!)  For those not in the Nerdfighteria know, the vlogbrothers began in 2007 between John Green (Printz award winning YA author) and his brother Hank Green (hilarious musician & from Ecogeek), when they swore off all textual communication and began publicly vlogging to one another to stay in touch.  The fan base that grew out of their vlogs became known as Nerdfighters.  No, they don't fight nerds, they're nerds fighting world suck.  Okay, so end backstory.

Anyhoo, I found myself watching several of their older vlogs and two that I came across were from a reoccurring segment "Question Tuesday" (which has since become "Question Friday") in which John answers real questions from real Nerdfighters.  The subject of these two vlogs were "How Do I Make Boys Like Me?" and wait for it... "How Do I Make Girls Like Me?"  Given my last post about love and romance, and the fact that I teach high schoolers, I thought these videos deserved to be highlighted, because... well, I'll let you see for yourself.  Enjoy and DFTBA!





(FYI, nerds ARE awesome.)

Comments

Popular Posts