Coolest Christmas Present

"Winner of the Coolest Christmas Present 2010"
As I try to find my way out of the monstrous avalanche of grading, I don't have much time to reminisce about the glorious year that was 2010. Nor do I have the time to make bold proclamations about my plans to bushwhack through 2011. (By the way, bushwhacking just made me think of the canadian show, Mantracker. Find it. Watch it. Love it. Or Mantracker will find YOU. Oh, he will.) I just don't have the energy for that kind of introspection at the moment. Instead, I just want to display the coolest present I got for Christmas. Cool and eerie.

The winner of "Coolest Christmas Present 2010" goes to the vintage typewriter that my fabulous friend gave me. He found it at an antiques store and restored it. Yeah, I know. You're jealous. As you should be. As you should be. Now the cool part should be obvious. It's an antique typewriter. I love typewriters. I learned to type on a typewriter, not a computer. You hear that, you young whipersnappers? *shakes Nerf sword like a cane* No, that sword doesn't lean against my desk... *shifty eyes*

Picture of not-my present that IS my present.
Now to the eerie part. Look at the picture of the present. Now look at the picture to the left. The picture to the left is the stock photo I used in my State of the Series post. Now back at the picture of the present. And back to the picture to the left. It's the same brand of typewriter with the missing number one key! Now it's about to get real, cats and kittens. He found this typewriter long before I chose that picture for my post. *cue X-files music* Eerie, right?

Right?

Right...




Pascal tells me to get back to work. Uppity chameleon.
Okay, so maybe I just find it eerie. Anyhoo, enjoy your Friday and here's a bonus picture of where I spend most of my time when I'm not teaching. And yes, those post-it notes are about Render. They also may or may not be about WoW reps, gems, and enchants. Yes, I am surrounded by geekiness.  This picture doesn't show the half of it. I'm hopelessly geeky.  Hopelessly.  I make no apologies.

Comments

Martin Howard said…
Dear Elizabeth,

I love your enthusiasm towards your new typewriter. What a great gift.

I love early typewriters too and have been collecting them for 20 years.
Please visit my collection at www.antiquetypewriters.com

Happy typing,
Martin

Popular Posts