Render Status: Drafted and a Surprise!

So, my second novel is drafted. Weird. It's just as surreal as the first time and now I'm completely wired and I can't sleep. But I NEED to, so I can get up and start working on revising Render. I want to start eviscerating this puppy, because trust me it NEEDS it. Bad. 

Here's the exciting news. I hired Claudia McKinney of Phatpuppy Art to do the cover art for Render. As you can see at the bottom of the post, I've already purchased cover art from her for Shatter. Isn't that picture beyond gorgeous? It's called "The Eyes Say Farewell." I'm smitten with the use of chiaroscuro (sharp contrast between light and dark), because that's such a huge motif for Shatter. (Duh.) Also, I cannot put into words how much I love these eyes. There is so much sorrow and beauty in this painting. *sigh* J'adore. I'm in love with it. Clearly. It captures so much about Shatter so brilliantly. I'll be releasing Shatter soon with the new cover art in anticipation for Render's release. I cannot wait to start collaborating with Claudia on Render's cover art.

So, that's my big surprise that I promised myself I wasn't allowed to share until I finished draft zero of Render.

"The Eyes Say Farewell" by Phatpuppy Art


Phatpuppy Art: phatpuppyart.com

Comments

Villagepig said…
The picture is gorgeous and I am beside myself with excitement that 'Render' is fast becoming a reality.

I hope that you slept well, now get back to work dammit! :-)
Ha! Thanks for the encouragement. I'm glad other people are excited too!

Popular Posts