Scribbles while Editing: Render teaser




Hey, y'all! I started posting this teaser via twitter. Then I realized that I'd have to edit out so much of what makes this scene hilarious. To me at least. Enjoy!

===

"For some reason," Jair said, "Sheridan told me to go scout around the grove before I came looking for you. But I can't imagine why she wanted me to do that. I wanted to make sure you weren't feeling ill again, Faela. So, I came straight here."

Kade's eyes sparkled with amusement. Sheridan's plot to force Faela and Kade together had been thwarted by Jair's seemingly preternatural inability to follow instructions. Sheridan was going to be so annoyed. Kade could hardly wait to watch.

***Skipping spoilery bits***

"Jair, what are you doing here?" an irate female voice demanded.

Jair ducked his head from years of conditioning. "Nothing! I'm just sitting. What's wrong with sitting?"

Sheridan grabbed his elbow, hauling him backward off the log. In a tumble of limbs, Jair managed to keep his feet.

"What's wrong with sitting? We talked about this," Sheridan said in a loud whisper, her eyes moving significantly to Faela and Kade.

"We talked about a lot," Jair said in his own defense. "Well, actually, you talked a lot. I nodded."

"Did any of that nodding include actual listening by chance?" Sheridan asked without any hope of a positive answer.

"You are about as subtle as a mallet, Sheridan," Kade said as he stood. "More proof that you're about as far from a Lusican as you can get and still have magic."

Sheridan sniffed imperiously. "I take that as a compliment. No offense, Faela. You're one of the few Lusicans I've met that I can stand."

Comments

Misca said…
ahahahaha! I almost fell over... <#3 Sheridan
Villagepig said…
I haven't anticipated a book like this since, well ever!
Anonymous said…
When will it be out?!?

Popular Posts