"Render" teaser

I'm almost 90,000 words into draft zero of Render, so it looks like I'll be finishing it up sometime in December I'm guessing.  For those of you who have finished Shatter and want more, here's a little teaser from the beginning of Render. Enjoy!

Tilted back against the wall, Kade slouched in a chair asleep.  His ankles were crossed, resting on the edge of her bed.  His long knife lay across his lap.
Faela smiled as she pushed her hair back and got to her feet.  The floorboards felt shockingly cold after the warm bed.  Crossing her arms, she walked over to the window.  When her feet touched the tufts of the wool rug laying in the middle of the room, she dug her toes into its thick pile.  Grateful for the barrier against the icy floor, she admired the snow violets ringing its edges. Her head still felt like it was stuffed with wool and her throat ached.  She unlatched the window and pushed it open to let in some fresh air.
When the bite of the air hit the back of her throat, the grogginess lifted and she remembered the emptiness, the blood, the death.  She remembered Sammi and it threatened to drown her.  She splayed her hands on the dressing table and leaned onto it for support.  She heard a creak behind her and a warm hand touched her back, but it didn’t make her flinch.
“I forgot,” Faela admitted to the unseen person.  “When I woke up, I didn’t remember.  Then,” she broke off, “then it came back, all of it.  How could I forget?”  Faela looked out the window at the jagged, snow-covered mountain peaks rising around them.

Comments

Unknown said…
I just (and I do mean *just*!) finished reading 'Shatter' and I can't wait for the next book! I was hoping it was already released because I want to start it now, I'm impatient to know how Kade will play into being the third Gray. (Hhmmm, would you like a proofreader?) Seriously, amazing job and I will be recommending this to many of my friends! Good luck with your writing.
Anonymous said…
I'm in the same boat as Julia. I finished last night (by the looks of it about the same time) Came on here to get the next one and found this (couldn't post last night from my phone for some reason) I really enjoyed the first one and when I got to the end I was like what...this is it...NOOOOO I need the next one. sigh...I'm looking forward to the next one and can't wait. Good luck!
Unknown said…
Need is the word!! Shatter was a
Great read. Soooooon please? Pretty please?
Anonymous said…
I concur with the above statements. Was so wanting next part. Can't wait to see what happens.
Unknown said…
I just finished reading Shatter, and I cannot wait to read the next book in the trilogy. You are so talented! Please keep writing!
Tamara Jansen said…
OMG!!! I almost cried after finding out the next book wasn't released yet. It was so amazing to read something like that. I have had the same reaction to JK Rowling's 'Harry Potter' and Jenny Nimmo's 'Charlie Bone' books when i finished reading them. Well done on being fabulous!
Now, when is the next book coming out????? You're torturing me!
Daisy said…
My only critique of the first book was that it kinda dropped off mid-story, which I guess is why it's part of a trilogy, but yeah, there is a lot that needs to be wrapped up. I feel like the battle just began and then poof gone. Which of course lead me on here to buy the next book, and *sniff* it's not out yet.

I wish you much luck in being inspired and finding the time to crunch out the next two installations. Will be waiting for it.
I'm so pleased to hear that you all enjoyed the book! It really is so exciting for me to get feedback and reviews from readers. I just hope you'll enjoy "Render" as much. :)

Popular Posts