Cosmic Irony 10.10.10

This picture pretty much sums up what's going on in my brain right now.  Today on October 10, 2010 just after 10 o'clock in the evening Shatter passed the 10,000 downloads mark on amazon.  I cannot believe that this has happened at all much less on 10/10/10 at 10 p.m.  Part of me is pretty convinced that I'm going to soon wake up in a hospital bed coming out of a coma caused by a head-on collision with reality.  But until that happens, I want to thank anyone who's downloaded my debut novel.  I know it's free, but thanks for taking a chance on picking up a book by a completely unknown indie author.  I, and all the characters in my head, thank you.

For those who have asked in their reviews and comments, the next installment in The Children of Man series, Render, is currently in the drafting stages. I'm shooting for a Winter or Spring 2011 release.  That will depend a lot on the editing process and how often my friends and family demand I walk away from Meriwether and Wilfred, also known as my electronic accomplices, my computer partners-in-crime, my iMac and iPad.  (Yes, I may have sold part of my soul to Steve Jobs...)  But I will keep you posted on the progress and give a more specific timeframe as I know more.

Also, I know that several people have requested maps, a pronunciation guide, and a glossary.  The paperback version of the book has always had the maps, but alas I was unable to include them in the ebook version.  So, I've made them available on the series' website along with a pronunciation guide.

Thank you again for taking a risk with me!

Comments

Matt W said…
I am glad I took that "risk". Enjoyed the book immensely! Looking forward to Book 2!
Anonymous said…
I was absolutely floored by how fantastic Shatter was...I don't always expect the best from free kindle books, heh. I cannot wait to see more in this series, and I hope next time you are charging for it...I would most definitely buy!

What a great way to get your book out there though...I have now recommended it to several people since I read it, and none of them have kindles, heh.
Thank you so much, Matt! I'm so glad that you enjoyed it.

Thank you, C&A! I'm so happy that you liked it enough to recommend it. :D
Jendi said…
I also downloaded the book because it was free and the reviews are good. It sat in my iPod Touch Kindle app until yesterday. I just finished and went frantically searching online for the sequel...only to find out it's not published yet....aaa! On the other hand that might be a good thing because I didn't get all the work done today that I should have.

I wrote about it on my blog - http://jendisjournal.com/2010/12/10/shatter-by-elizabeth-c-mock/ If you need anyone to review the next one I'd love to be on the list!
Thank you so much for the kind review, Jendi! I'm so pleased that you liked the book and I will most definitely jot you down for reviewing "Render." :)

Popular Posts