Summer Challenge 2012 ACCEPTED

But I lurves you, sun!
During the school year, I steal and claw for furtive minutes to write or read, all while slapping myself to stay awake. Despite this squeezing-every-minute-to-the-last-drop mentality, my summers tend toward listlessness. Summer turns me vampiric, nocturnal. Shunning—yet yearning for—the daylight.

My productivity level languishes during the majority of those nocturnal hours with a few bursts of accomplishment, and then the self-defeating guilt presses in. But no more! I’m committed to enforcing a regular, daywalker schedule on myself this year. 

For the past six days, I've consistently shambled out of bed between 6-7 AM. During the SUMMER. When I'm not required to report to a classroom. To say this is unprecedented would be woefully inadequate. 

And, over this last week, I’ve noticed something remarkable. Waking up by 7 AM, I get a grandiose amount of work done in my day. With all these glorious morning hours, filled with sunshine and dreams, I’ve decided to throw down a challenge. (Remember those earlier posts about using the threat of public humiliation to motivate myself? Yeah, hang on to that.)

But, wait. There’s more.

To make the most of this summer, I am throwing down FOUR challenges.
  1. Blog every day.
  2. Read 2-3 books a week.
  3. Yoga every day.
  4. Draft every day.
I don’t promise my posts will all be gems, because I’ve never attempted to blog every day since this blog’s squalling inception. But I will report on my progress on these three fronts, and I do have a cornucopia of Opinions on Things.

So, that’s the plan, y’all.

*Fires starting pistol*

06.20.12 progress:
  1. Blogged about blogging (how meta).
  2. 115 pages into Cinder by Marissa Meyer.
  3. Yoga'd
  4. UPDATED: 611 words

Comments

Misca said…
get your butt drafting! do eet! do eet NOW! *whip crack*
Anonymous said…
Go, Liz! I hope you get a lot done. The time flies and we will be back to school before you know it!

~Lisa
Dood! I did, Misca! I'll send the scene when its completely drafted. Right now, it's only 600 words.

Thanks, Lisa! Don't I know it. School always sneaks up on me, leaving me wondering what happened to my summer.

Popular Posts