Dante! Zombies! Masons!


“The most disturbing thing in the world, I think, is the potential of the human mind to stifle all its creativity.”




Yesterday’s mad lib was correctly guessed by Jessica B. as Dante Alighieri’s The Divine Comedy: Inferno:  
“Beginning upon the journey of our tale
I penned myself within a spaceport empty,
For the space-freighter’s pathway had been diverted.”

Mell C.’s Version:
12.5 hours upon the journey of our quest
I found myself within a town unknown,
For the GPS pathway had been lost.

The original first line (not in Italian) of Inferno:
“Midway upon the journey of our life
I found myself within a forest dark,
For the straightforward pathway had been lost.”




Zombies. I know. I know what you’re thinking. Zombies are everywhere. And, yeah, they are. But I have a friend who has a theory. 

It’s not about where zombies might come from (when a mommy zombie and a daddy zombie love each other very much…), or whether bath salts will be responsible for the zombie apocalypse.

No, this is about who has been prepping for the zombie apocalypse (or any other kind of apocalypse for that matter) for decades. The masons.

We’ve all heard theories about the masons controlling the fate of the country or drinking goat blood or being responsible for the creation of lolcatz to lull us into submission or whatever. But my friend has a theory that masonic temples are Fortresses of Safety for the coming apocalypse in whatever form it takes.

For example, my local Masonic temple has NO windows on the first floor. I mean that thing is impenetrable. No zombies or roving bands of Mad Max extras are breaking into that thing.

Look at how high up the windows START.

And you KNOW that there is a labyrinth of tunnels underneath it and rooms filled with cowled robes and candles for all.

So, when the coming apocalypse is nigh, head to your local masonic temple.


It's that time again! Time for Bad Zombie Jokes (You were WARNED):

  • What is a zombies favorite mode of transportation?
    • Traaaaaaaains
  • What is zombie’s favorite nationality?
    • Daaaaaaanes
  • What is a zombie’s favorite underwear? 
    • Haaaaaaanes

Do YOU have bad zombie jokes? Share!

06.29.12 Progress:

  1. Blogged
  2. No reading yesterday. It was mad, crazy errand day, because I leave home for two weeks this morning. First to Columbus, then flying to Seattle on Monday. HOPING for some reading time today. *crosses fingers*
  3. Yoga’d
  4. 1004 words drafted by 7:30 AM.

06.29.12 Mad Lib:
The most [ADJECTIVE] thing in the world, I think, is the [NOUN] of the human mind to [VERB] all its [NOUN].


As always leave guesses and your mad libs versions in comments or @LisMock on twitter!

Comments

Ms. Jessi said…
The most productive thing in the world, I think, is the broom of the human mind to sweep all its spiderwebs.
- No Guess
Mell C said…
The most amazing thing in the world, I think, is the capacity of the human mind to forget all its online passwords.

And I know not which author you quote. Hats off, o word mistress.
If these quotes were a test, I'd need extra credit to shore up my sinking grade.
Jessica B said…
Inability from Lovecraft (my hubby's favorite author): "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all of its contents."
Jessica B said…
Grr, crazy iPad and the inability to type what I want! Anyway, I meant to say "quote from" not "inability from"! "the most frustrating thing is the likelihood of the human mind to lose all of its marbles.
Don't feel bad. This one is pretty obscure.

Popular Posts